Here at Multi-Craft, this is the time of year when we are focused on the upcoming year. We are setting goals, developing strategies and looking at trends.
So, what can you expect to see in the world of marketing in 2015? Here are 10 predictions:
- Content marketing will continue its popularity as it is one of the top 3 reasons that people will follow you on social media. However, marketers are still challenged to produce the quantity of high-quality content needed, as well as attempting to measure the effectiveness of their content.
- Data and marketing automation. While it is still a challenge in many organizations to merge data from sales, marketing, customer service and IT, it is most important that they find a way to do just that. Having access to useful, relevant and updated data is key to the marketing department’s success. Also, marketing automation will drive the integration of all marketing channels.
- Video. Seeing how your product or service works has far more impact that just reading about it. Salesforce.com reports that they increased conversion rates by adding a video to their homepage that explains their service (Wheelhouse Advisors).
- Mobile. With 85% of people stating that their mobile devices are a central part of their everyday life (Mobile Behavior Report), it’s more important than ever that your websites are optimized for mobile viewing. Make sure they can adapt to different screen sizes and resolutions.
- Wearable Tech – Google Glass, Apple Watches, smart jewelry and healthcare sensors are all predicted to have a big impact 2015.
- Google Plus is predicted to fade due to the failure of Google Authorship (Forbes).
- Ello, a new social platform that is predicted to compete with Facebook, is currently in beta testing. We’ll just have to wait and see who ends up on top.
- Micro-targeting. We have plenty of data so now all we have to do is use it to super-segment with timely and relevant offers on a micro level.
- Smart objects. Thermostats, lighting and security cameras will all be connected to your mobile for remote control.
- 3D Printing, or additive manufacturing. This technology gives us the ability to produce dimensional objects by layering material.
Like every year, we see things predicted that are likely to occur and those that will not. However, one thing we know for sure is that marketing is a moving target and the pace of change will continue to increase.
Hoping that you have a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and a wonderful holiday season!