Think you don’t have enough data to drive personalized print marketing programs? To boost your targeting and personalization efforts, maybe you need to invest in data gathering or renting a third-party list. Or maybe — just maybe — you have more data than you think.
Let’s look at some of the many types of data that can get overlooked.
- Transactional data. This includes both brick-and-mortar and from the online store.
- Submissions through web contact forms.
- Customer care (found in your CRM system)
- Business reply cards. Too often, your BRCs are left at the fulfillment house and the valuable information that can be obtained from them is left unused.
- SMS/cell phone marketing contacts. If you have a standalone system, get that information out of your text marketing solution and back into your CRM.
- Responses to e-mail campaigns. Like text messaging, these data need to get back into your marketing database so what you learn through email contacts can be integrated into your direct mail and other channels, too.
- Trade shows/events. Get those “card swipe” responses back into your system after post-show follow-up!
- Customer and prospect surveys.
Aggregating the data from these disparate sources will give you a more well-rounded picture of your customers and target audience. This data can be cleaned up, de-duped, and filled in if necessary so that you can use it to create more relevant communications and drive sales.
If you need help locating or integrating data from all of these disparate sources, give us a call. We’re ready to put your data in motion to help you get more from the marketing dollars you are spending!