The New Year is the perfect time to rethink your print marketing strategy, revamp your messaging, consider mobile and refresh your brand. This requires an understanding of the role traditional ink on paper plays in a time when technology adoption and digital delivery are reshaping marketing and customer engagement.
- Invest in customer retention. We all know that it costs less to keep the customers you have than to capture new ones, so keep your customers engaged with a consistent multi-channel marketing plan. Maybe you’ve abandoned a print newsletter for an e-version, but your email is getting lost in the inbox and anti-spam legislation is creating new challenges for deliverability. Mailing a newsletter, particularly one that uses variable data to deliver a personalized message, is a great way to keep your company top of mind.
- Get to the point. Your customers have more choices and less time than ever before. Rewrite your copy to tell consumers why your company is the only real choice. Change rambling copy into a powerful, focused message.
- Be the customer. When you take a step back, are you engaging customers at the right time through the right channels? The way content will be created, delivered, and consumed in 2017 isn’t the same as it was only a few years ago. Is it worth your prospect’s time to follow you on Facebook or Twitter? When they scan the QR Code on your direct mail piece, are they landing on a page with a specific call to action?
- Freshen up. If you’re anticipating a change in management, introducing a new product or service, or celebrating a significant business milestone, consider a brand refresh. With slight revisions to your branding elements and positioning, you can preserve your brand’s existing equity while infusing new energy into your offerings.
- Mobile. Is your website easily viewed and navigated on a mobile device? If not, make this the year to do that. If visitors have to scroll left and right, or take extra steps to enlarge the type to a readable size, they’ll probably just click out and go elsewhere – likely to your competitor. Mobile is not only the first screen, but often the only screen that targets use to read your email and view your website. Make it easy!
Need help navigating the increasingly complex world of marketing? Let Multi-Craft help get you off to a profitable start in 2017 by putting your ideas in motion!